Monday, July 15, 2013

Fitness Tools

I'm keeping a detailed journal for motivation and accountability. It will also help me to recognize the effectiveness of what I am doing. I track of everything I eat and drink, the calories and the nutrition. I'm also tracking my activity levels, workouts, stamina, and endurance. Seeing the numbers in black and white keeps me aware and helps me to make better choices. I can put off workouts and easily forget what I have eaten but my body doesn't....obviously :(
Here are some apps I have found to be extremely helpful:
My Fitness Pal -  diet/exercise diary tracks nutrition and calories from both food and exercise
TCounter - set up multiple counters (I use it to keep track of how much water I drink, cigarettes I smoke, etc.)
Round and Workout Timer - I like this one because you can set up interval beeps to know when to switch moves without having to reset it each time
Accupedo - simple pedometer that keeps track of how many steps taken all day
Runtastic - an advanced pedometer and run tracker that reads distance, rate, etc. (I use this one when go out for a run/jog/walk)
Record My Swim - this is essentially an aquatic pedometer
Evernote - I love this app! It is great to organize ideas, goals, journal, and I clip all of the exercises and workouts I find on the web here.
My goal is to get in killer shape without going to a gym for multiple reasons.
1. I need to workout before I can fit into my workout clothes
2. Social anxiety/Embarrassment
3. Meatheads gross me out
4. I'm broke and they are expensive
5. I don't like gym
What I do have:
1. Stability ball
2. Resistance bands
3. Hand weights
4. Yoga block
5. Yoga mats
6. Pool
7. Internet
There are so many fitness sites and YouTube videos out there to choose from it is overwhelming. The hardest part is narrowing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment