Friday, July 12, 2013

8 Week Challenge

I'm giving myself 8 weeks to reach (or make significant progress towards) the goals I have set for myself. I'm sure I'll add more later but these are all I can think of for now.
- weigh 125lbs
- 15% body fat
- 26"-28" belly
- size 2-4
- run 3 miles
- 5 pull ups
- do a split
- do a back walk over
- eat healthier
- drink more water
- take vitamins
- quit smoking
- cut down on alcohol
I have one of those fancy scales that also gives your body fat %, water %, and BMI for your sex and height. I am also measuring my belly around where my belly button is not the smallest part of my waist. I carry the bulk of my extra weight in my torso/belly area. When I am thinner I don't have much of a butt so I need to build up enough muscle to still have one. 
I have weighed 125lbs and been a size 2-4 the majority of my adult life. I have a very depressing closet of clothes that size that fit a year ago. I have bipolar disorder and my doctor had put me on 300mgs of Seraquel XR and 150mgs of Lamictal. I started stuffing as much food as possible down my throat and I was groggy. A side effect of Seraquel is weight gain. The combination of a million extra calories and decreased activity caused me to pack on pounds with lightning speed. We are talking 25lbs in 2 1/2 months! My doctor cut my dose of Seraquel in half and doubled my Lamictal. I felt better and stopped gaining but couldn't lose weight to save my life. She took me off Seraquel altogether last week so hopefully now I stand a chance at losing some weight this time. I also got a bottle of Hydroxycut Max for women. The recommended dose is 2 capsules 3x's a day. I'm only going to take 2 a day. They have caffeine and I don't want to consume that much in a day. I have already noticed a difference in not needed food in my mouth constantly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment